April 3, 2010

1st post: About Me

I wasn't going to write a blog. I already have a vlog and I figured that would be enough, but then I started thinking that there will probably be times where I'll have more time to write than to record myself. Also, I'm sort of at a point in my vlogs that I don't have anything to talk about, so I figured I'd start a blog to fill time.


So, to start this CP journey, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Tracie. I'm a junior at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I'm a communications major with a concentration in radio/Tv/Film... mostly tv and film. Last year I worked at my school's student-run television station, but this year, they cut pay and I needed money more than I wanted to volunteer there, so I'm not really apart of that anymore. Now I'm working at a CPA firm as the "sign-in queen" as my co-workers have named me. Mostly I do computer work but I do assemble tax returns and field phone calls and on several occasions had to put on a very "Disney" attitude and just smile and pretend that the person on the other end wasn't being a complete idiot/jerk. I just consider it practice. :)

I love Disney and I've been to Disney World at least 11 times. We go as a family almost every year. I found out about the College Program at my Freshman Orientation. I immediately wanted to work there but I had a scholarship and I didn't think it was possible, so it sort of went on the back-burner. I wasn't as good at college as I was at high school and ended up making one low grade too many and lost my scholarship, but by that time I had completely forgotten about the college program. Then, last year at this time, one day I suddenly remembered that the college program existed. I had just gotten out of school, so the cut off day for applications had just expired and that meant I had MONTHS of waiting to apply for spring. When we went to Disney World over the summer I told myself the next time I went to Disney World, I would be working there. As we walked around I pointed out the "Disney Point" to my parents and talked about the different roles that I could do. One day when we were in Hollywood Studios we were at the Magic of Disney Animation and a drawing session had just started so we had like 20 minutes or however long to wait for them to get done. I noticed the CM's tag had his college on it so I said "You're on the college program?" and he was like "Yeah." and I told him I was thinking about applying in the fall for the Spring and he was like "Do it!!" He talked about it for a little bit and I was getting more and more excited for it.

I was in the Spring 2010 group on facebook but not very active. Finally the day came for applications to go up...and I couldn't watch the E-presentation! My computer was almost dead... and not battery dead.. I mean DEAD dead... and I couldn't get on the internet. On another two computers I tried, Adobe didn't work and since they weren't my computers, I didn't want to get into trouble for putting it on there. Another computer just had an awful internet connection and videos just didn't like to play on it. Plus with all of the talk about people failing this new web interview, I guess I just got scared and I left the facebook group and decided I'd try again next time.

The first item on the agenda was getting a new computer.

This is where I will leave you for now.:)
Click here if you would like to watch my vlogs.
Click here to view my facebook page and add me as a friend.
OR
Click here to follow me on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. What's with the cliffhanger Tracie??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's to make you keep coming back for more. :P

    ReplyDelete